Kipi is one of the principal villages in Central Zagori – literally the “area behind the mountain” and one of the most picturesque traditional corners of Greece. The village is surrounded by rivers and numerous fresh water springs.
The area of Zagori in North West Greece, is famous for its attractions and activities:
- Visit the renowned stone built villages of Zagori with their unique architecture, walk in the cobblestone alleys or just sit for a drink (locals call it “tsipouro”) under the shade of the plane tree.
- Explore the iconic stone bridges of the area. The most famous are Kokkoris bridge, the three-arch bridge of Plakidas (or the “monk’s bridge”), and Missios bridge.
- Visit the local churches and monasteries of the area including St Nicholas church at Tsepelovo, St Paraskevi church at Monodendri, Evangelistria monastery at Ano Pedina, Spilitissa monastery at Aristi.
- Admire the view of Vikos Gorge, world’s second deepest after Grand Canyon, Arizona.
- Get acquainted with the history and culture of Zagori through the museums at Monodendri, Koukouli, Elafotopos etc.
Zagori can be visited all year round.